The area of the SAC Complexo Húmido de Corrubedo (ES1110006), located within the Atlantic biogeographic region, includes, from north to south, the coastal territory of the southernmost part of the Muros y Noia estuary where the complex is located. humid of Muro and Xuño and its associated dune system (in the area of Porto do Son); the great sandy amphitheater of Corrubedo that constitutes the transition between the Muros y Noia estuary and the Arousa estuary; in addition to the island of Sálvora and its islets, Vionta, Con de Noro, Herbosa, Rúa, Insabela, Gaboteira, Sagres and Forcadiñas, located at the entrance of the Ría de Arousa, although the sand and other recent deposits hide much of geology.
- Area (ha): 9,262,870
- Description of the area: Space around the Corrubedo humid complex, housing coastal values (islands, cliffs)
- Nature 2000 Code: ES1110006
- Other protection status in accordance with national or regional legislation: The SAC Complexo humido de Corrubedo (ES1110006), which includes a SPA (ES0000313), also has the declaration of other protection figures in accordance with Law 42/2007 and Law 5/2019.
- Protected Natural Area (National Park, Natural Park, Protected Wetland)
- Natura 2000 Protected Area (Natura 2000 Protected Area)
- Area Protected by International Instruments (OSPAR Marine Protected Area, Ramsar Wetland of International Importance, UNESCO World Heritage (indicative list))
Approximately 80% of the surface of the SAC Complexo Húmido de Corrubedo (ES1110006) corresponds to marine areas. In the remaining 20% (terrestrial surface), natural environments (dune systems, wetlands, coastal scrub, native forests and cliffs) represent 62% of the territory, agricultural use 18%, areas with forest plantations 11%, urban use 2% while tourist use is concentrated in beach systems and other areas delimited for this purpose (6%).
The marine surface of the SAC Complexo Húmido de Corrubedo (80%) is part of the state public domain, while the property of the land surface is divided into 54% of public ownership (owned by DXPN, associated beneficiary of LIFE INSULAR), 42% privately owned and 4% of neighboring forests in common hands (specific property regime of Galicia by which the property is held by a group of neighbors).